Re: userfiles on laptops

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 06:03:30AM +0100, Sebastian Holl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the manual recommends the "roaming workstation" profile for the use
> with laptops. It says "The users' files and profiles are stored on
> the local disk." how are those files synchronized with those on the
> mainserver? We have some notebooks for use in a classroom and the
> students and teachers using a notebook should have acces to their
> files stored in the computerlab and vice-versa

I'm also interested in this since we have many many students laptop around.

IMHO the best solution would be to kerberize ssh services and the
prepare a Unison one click button to activate once the roaming
workstation is at school.

If I'll migrate to DebianEdu (99% yes in the
next 3 months) my whole infrastructure, I may prepare
something.

Cheers

Giorgio

--