Re: why does iceweasel run on login?

Hi Petter

I brought a couple of dell minis home, but they are too small (8G ssd)
for a normal install of either standalone or roaming.
Then in expert install there are so many permutations in tasksel.
(Like both laptop and debian-edu laptop, or only one or the other?
etc. ) that so far I haven't hit on a good combination. I tried only
laptop and graphical DE, which came in under 2G (lxde). So I ran
tasksel again (can't remember which, but probably standalone or
roaming) but it filled the drive before completion and then aptitude
and dpkg wouldn't work anymore without any free space.
So overall this is pretty useless testing.

However, I can say for sure that two problems from yesterday do not
exist. No to auto partitioning is respected, and iceweasel runs only
once. I think yesterday I was testing in an alternate reality. I would
swear in court that I logged out and in and iceweasel launched again.
Sorry to give false reports.

I notice that the local user created during install disappears by the
end of it, even on standalone. You have to go to a tty and recreate
the local user to be able to log in. Obviously this is a bit much for
kids taking an install CD home.

I'll post back if I get anything useful

nigel