Re: access to local media on thin clients

Hi Wolfgang, hi Petter,

On Di 21 Feb 2012 14:55:24 CET Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

Hi,

checking the manual once more I found outdated content concerning local
media on thin clients. I'm about to revise the information but it would
be easier to describe it (and easier for admins, too), if the two
attached scripts would reside in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/rc.d on
each ltsp-server.

S16-userCreateMediaLink

K16-userRemoveMediaLink

These scripts will do what their names tell. A user will have access to
locally plugged in media below ~/Media if using a thin client.

Just for the record...

X2Go uses ~/media (not ~/Media) for symlinking to hooked-in thin client devices. X2Go is not a concern of Debian Edu, but I know quite a few schools that run X2Go on top of a Debian Edu LTSP server.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: