Re: Automatic proxy configuration

[Tobias Gruetzmacher]
> Hi,
>
> you wrote on your blog
> (http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Automatic_proxy_configuration_with_Debian_Edu___Skolelinux.html)
> about your problems with converting PAC-files to environment variables.
>
> You might want to have a look at libproxy:
> http://code.google.com/p/libproxy/
>
> It is packaged in Debian (with a crude command line tool in
> libproxy-tools) and uses either WebKit or MozJS to execute PAC-files.
>
> The library is C++, but has a C and Python interface. Perl bindings
> seems to be availible on CPAN.

Thank you for the feedback.  CC to debian-edu@lists.debian.org to let
the entire project know about your proposal.

I have not yet had time to investigate, but it sound like it might
solve our problem.  Do you have time to implement a similar command
line tool to the wpad-extact tool we already have, or is that wat the
existing command line tool already do?
--
Happy hacking