Re: Problem with sitesummary2ldapdhcp

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:20:57PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> > After an upgrade of the d-e-c package I added (diskless) hosts to
> > the LDAP database using sitesummary2ldapdhcp - just for testing. All
> > went well, but the database objects created were not removeable from
> > within GOsa²; I had to use ldapvi to get rid of them.
>
> Does this also happen for the manually created servers?

Yes, but that's sort of strange.

> I hope someone knowing GOsa² more can comment on the correct way to
> create system objects for computers.  I created the same type of
> objects that tjener already got, and assume it is the correct thing to
> do for Linux hosts.
>
> I assume netdevice is for routers and switches, not for Linux hosts.

Yes.

> If this is wrong, please tell me and we can easiliy change this.

https://oss.gonicus.de/demo/stable/  username: demo-admin pw: gosa

They've got servers, workstations, winstations, terminals, netdevices.

So I suppose, workstations would then be right.

And: Icons there seem to show that even their servers are removeable -
what makes sense to me.

Wolfgang