Re: ultra thin client/manufacturer/cheaper price

On 12-02-09 at 09:20pm, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Angie]
> > Dear Skolelinux,
> > Glad to know that you are the field of thin client with very good
> > requtation corporation in your country.
> > This is Angie from Hui Yuan Co., Ltd, very professional in exporting
> > ultra thin client products. With the strength of product copyright
> > and certificates like CE, FCC etc, sincerely hope to find a way to
> > cooperate with you.
>
> I got this one directly to me, and while at first glance it looked
> like spam, it seemed slightly LTSP relevant and in the end I decided
> to bounce it to the list and reply here to ask if you believe we
> should try to contact these for test equipment?  If someone in the
> project is interested in trying to make sure these clients work with
> Debian Edu and LTSP, we might have something to cooperate with them
> about.
>
> I will not have time to look at it myself, so if you are interested
> please state so on the list and get directly in touch with them.

Perhaps involve Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, he is from Germany but
lives in China and have before shown interest in export of hardware (for
FreedomBox, if I recall correctly).

The company seems legit, and apparently offer MIPS based hardware
running embedded Linux:
http://www.tradeindia.com/Seller-5277890-Hui-Yuan-Co-Ltd-/

 - Jonas