Re: EduFication package

Hi Giorgio,

On Mo 06 Feb 2012 08:54:21 CET Giorgio Pioda wrote:

Hi

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 10:14:46PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Giorgio Pioda]
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a binary .deb that can resolv for dependecies, and
> using dpkg --divert install configs so that a plain Debian or Ubuntu
> istallation is transformed into a workstation client.

Cool.  Sound like a package we should keep in the debian-edu project on
Alioth?  Perhaps you should join the project and put the source there?

I'm really not a programmer (have a PhD in Chemistry, not in IT) and I have
terrible tendency to write spaghetti code...

I am a biologist by original profession. That's probably even worse than being a chemist. I prefer last-minute typos between testing and committing instead of spaghetti code, though. ;-)

Anyway, I first have to decide if I'll switch my school to DebianEdu
removing my old hand written system (Kerberos,NIS,NFS4). (99% yes, but I
want to test a little more). Then I could join.

Test and join, yes.

In all cases, if the package works, I'll publish it GPL'ized. (I've to admit
that is not that a big work)

That will good to take a look at anyway.

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: