Re: Diskless clients: NFSv4 mounting with sec=krb5p and no machine creds

[Andreas B. Mundt]
> How long?  I think entering the username triggers autofs (to read the
> user's configuration, for example which desktop he want's to start by
> default).  What if someone takes 15 seconds to enter his password, and
> someone else needs only 3 seconds?

This do not sound right.  Setups using pam_mount work, and I believe PAM
is only invoked after the password is entered.  Because of this, I
believe the users home directory isn't accessed before the password is
entered.

What are you seeing that make you believe PAM is invoked too late?
Could it be some other pam module called earlier in the stack that
causes the effect?
--
Happy hacking