Cronjob regarding holidays?

Dear list,

now, our school closes for approx. 2 weeks, hence
I had to stop some cronjobs that are responsible
to wake up our displays (wake on lan) each morning.

Of course, I have to remember reacticating them
in January. Hence I wonder if there is any approved
approaches / extensions to cronjobs, that would
make it easy to state dates for hols in a file to
be regarded by our cronjob?

I know, it is quite a simple job to look up if
today() is in a list of dates (but how about ranges?),
but probably there is a ready-made extension I
don't know of.

Thank you,
have some nice and calm holidays!

Kind regards