Sitesummary, munin and nagios

Hi,

I like the nagios setup in debian edu.. Very automagical, but the downside is, its not so easy to understand whats happening. At least not for me ;)

If I would like to set a time (work hours) for checking workstations in the network, thus not getting warnings that they are down, when they are in fact shut of intentionally, where would that go in this setup?
If I want to exclude workstations that are no longer in use, where would that go?

Can I just add nodes to nagios in a "nagios fashion" in this setup without breaking anything? (like network-switches, printers and other things..)

Regards  /George