Re: Current procedure/policy for committing to Debian Edu SVN

[Petter Reinholdtsen 2012-09-09]
> A good indicator for how much work is left to do is the result from the
> self test after installation, which is the output from
> /usr/sbin/debian-edu-test-install.  Any 'error:'-line would be a problem
> that need to be investigated and addressed.
>
> Did you try the self test to verify how many problems are left to
> address?

I just tested our testing/wheezy netinst CD, and it is seriously broken.
None of our tasksel package sets were installed, and thus the
installation was quick but seriously incomplete.

Running debian-edu-test-install after the installation of a Main-Server
and Workstation profiles resulted in 61 detected errors.  LDAP, DNS and
Kerberos is not set configured during instalation.  So there is a lot of
work before the Squeeze release can be said to be ready for
production. :( I hope some of you got time to look at it, because it is
unlikely that I will have time to work on it.

--
Happy hacking