samba time server

As I am starting to add Win7 workstations into our SkoleLinux network, I noticed the time is off under windows. I understood why (see details below if interested), and fixing that led me to notice smb.conf does not specify anything about the time server option, wich is "no" by default.

wouldn't it be better to specify
time server = yes
so that workstations in the domain get proper time syncing from tjener rather than rely on default windows settings ? I'm actually not sure this line would indeed work as I'm writing from home, I'll check on the workstations monday.

details about my issue :
Our router has some weird ports blocked, including some necessary for ntp. End result : workstations don't get synced unless they are set to sync with local server (because the default time servers are blocked)