Re: dualword project...

Alexander Busorguin:
> Hi All,
>
> I've started this project http://sourceforge.net/projects/dualword/, but
> I'm not sure if there is any interest in such vocabulary software.
> Does it make any sense to continue development and add new features?
> Will anyone be interested to see such software in Debian distribution?
> Can anyone share your opinion?
>
> thanks,
> Alex.

Hi Alex,

I hope I won't discourage you. It's nice that you want to write free software
and also asks for the opinion of others.
There's a tool in Debian, "axi-cache", which searches the descriptions of
software in Debian. There already seem to be a couple of vocabulary trainers.
I myself use org-drill (a contrib to emacs org-mode).

Best regards, Thomas Koch

#> axi-cache search vocabulary
19 results found.
Results 1-19:
100% parley-data - data files for the Parley vocabulary trainer
96% parley - vocabulary trainer
95% libkeduvocdocument4 - library for reading and writing vocabulary files
79% kwordquiz - flashcard learning program for KDE
73% tagainijisho - Japanese dictionary and learning assistant
73% langdrill - language drills to test vocabulary
73% python-kid - simple Pythonic template language for XML based vocabularies
64% voikko-fi - Description of Finnish morphology written in Malaga
64% librdf-vcard-perl - convert between RDF and vCard
63% python3-wadllib - Python 3 library for navigating WADL files
62% librdf-kml-exporter-perl - export RDF geo data to KML (Google Earth)
62% python-wadllib - Python library for navigating WADL files
60% librdf-icalendar-perl - convert between RDF and iCalendar
56% ktuberling - stamp drawing toy
56% xsdcxx - XML Data Binding for C++
52% openteacher - learn words in a foreign language
49% librdf-generator-void-perl - generate VoID descriptions based on data in
an RDF model
46% gcompris - Educational games for small children
46% libmodule-install-doapchangesets-perl - write your distribution change log
in RDF
More terms: parley description learning wadllib wadl w3c's interchange
More tags: use::learning suite::kde x11::application uitoolkit::qt
interface::x11 devel::lang:perl field::linguistics

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro