New Skolelinux/DebianEdu homepage moved to new server + call for participation and input

Hi all,

I have moved our new homepage from speaker.skolelinux.no to schoolfloss.org which will be the permanent server once the we find the new homepage good enough to replace slx.no (which is a bit corrupt at moment). The old speaker.skolelinux.no server ended up being a temporary server, so we had to move the new homepage from here.

I have not been able to move the users so everyone who wish to participate or be able to add or content content must register a new user there. I would like recommend that everyone who participate in DebianEdu project do so, so that we can have a thriving and alive homepage.

There is a challenge with the translation, Joomlfish which was used for the translation on the old homepage is not yet released for the Joomla 2.5 which we use, but it will probably be done shortly. There is a built in translation system in Joomla 2.5, but this require that we create a new article, category and menus for each language, allowing each language to have their custom version of the homepage. I am think will make the translation effort much harder and I personally would prefer that we use Joomlfish. This is because we will have a more unified homepage between languages, less content and I belive the amount of work needed to be put into it is less. Please let me know if anyone disagree.

By the way, in my opinion we should replace the old homepage as soon as the english version of it is complete.

We also need a new Joomla 2.5 template, if anyone know of a good free template then please let me know.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Have a nice day / week!

Best regards
Arnt Ove Gregersen