Re: access to local media on thin clients

[Wolfgang Schweer]
> Hi,
>
> checking the manual once more I found outdated content concerning local
> media on thin clients. I'm about to revise the information but it would
> be easier to describe it (and easier for admins, too), if the two
> attached scripts would reside in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/rc.d on
> each ltsp-server.
[...]
> #
> # sourced with .
> #
> # Script to set local Media link for logged in user
>
> ssh -X -S ${LDM_SOCKET} ${LDM_SERVER} "ln -s /media/$LDM_USERNAME Media"

Why not instead use only a script similar to S16-userCreateMediaLink
and open a window with the freshly mounted directory?  Ie something
like this:

  ssh -X -S ${LDM_SOCKET} ${LDM_SERVER} "konquror /media/$LDM_USERNAME"

It seem to me a safer way (do not touch the users home directory and
do not risk to remove the users ~/Media file by mistake), and also
more intuitive.
--
Happy hacking