Re: subnet-change tool

[John Ingleby]
> I attempted to use the subnet-change tool on a fresh Squeeze
> install, with the aim of changing to 10.20.0.0/24 because our
> existing network uses 10.0.0.0/24. After applying the tool, the main
> server IP became 10.20.158.203, but there was also an error message
> something like "Unable to connect LDAP". So I've reinstalled and now
> working on plan B, to place a "router" machine between the two
> networks.

Did you reboot after the change?  Did you see the ldap connection
problem before or after the reboot?

When I do a debug run of subnet-change using '-n 10.20.0.0/24', I get
these translations:

N: 10.0.0.0 -> 10.20.0.0
N: 10.0.0.1 -> 10.20.0.1
N: 10.0.2.2 -> 10.20.0.16
N: 10.0.16.20 -> 10.20.0.128
N: 10.0.31.254 -> 10.20.0.254
N: 10.255.255.255 -> 10.20.0.255

No-where do I end up with 10.20.158.203.  Something else must have
gone wrong with your test.  I have no idea what could cause this.

> I guess it would have worked better to change the default network to
> something like 20.0.0.0/8 ?

I suspect it worked but you forgot to reboot.  At least it worked for
me to change the subnet.

Please reply to debian-edu@lists.debian.org.
--
Happy hacking