Re: Squeeze beta 3 successfully installed

[John Ingleby]
> Hi Petter,

Hi.  I'm moving this discussion back to the mailing list where every
project member can learn and participate.

> Thanks for your prompt reply. I just attached a thin client, and it
> booted up successfully and I could login OK with the "first login".
>
> Regarding login on the server machine, yesterday around 15:00 I was
> able to use the "first login" on the server shortly after the
> installation completed. However the server login failed this morning
> at 09:00. This means I can't login at the server console as it won't
> allow root login (unless I use Ctrl+Alt+F1 etc.)

Right.  So in less then a day it expires.  I guess always reinstalled
before this happened.  Must be something wrong with the LDAP object of
the initial user.  I will try to replicate and solve it for the next
release.

> Now trying the subnet-change tool so we can connect Skolelinux to
> our network.
>
> In the subnet-change tool, what is the "LDAP base" parameter?

It is useful for debugging.  It is normally automatically detected and
to change the subnet you only need to specify the -n argument.
--
Happy hacking