Re: Automatically install required firmware packages (please test)

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> The process of finding and installing required firmware packages can
> be automated, and the following is a draft script to do so.  I hope
> eventually to have something similar integrated into the hw-detect
> udeb used by debian-installer
>
> Please test it and let me know if it worked on your laptop.  It is
> slightly tested, but I have a limited set of test hardware. :)

Did anyone find time to test it?

I tested it some more, and concluded that it worked well enough to
include it in the debian-edu-config package in squeez-test.  You find
it in /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/auto-addfirmware.

Please let me know if it fail to work properly.
--
Happy hacking