Re: computernames and MAC from LDAP

[Martin Schulte]
> Hello,
> i need a list with all computernames point to the corresponding
> MAC-Address. How is this possible (sth. with ldapsearch + grep, I
> think)?

One simple way might be to use 'ping -b 10.0.3.255' first to fill the
ARP cache, and then use 'arp -a' to get a list of DNS names and MAC
addresses.  This will only get the ones currently online.

Another is to extract it from sitesummary, see
for the recipe.  This will give a list of all sitesummary clients.

I'm not sure how to get it from LDAP, but I suspect it is possible
too.

I hope the reply is useful, even if it do not answer exactly what you
asked for.

Happy hacking,