Developer meeting & conference Skolelinux-RLP in Zweibrücken/Germany 10-13.02.2011

Hello all,

Here comes the official invitation. :-)

This international developer meeting & conference is for us
(http://rp.skolelinux.de/) the final big event at the end of the 3 year
period in which we developed extensions, customization and installation
help as requested by our schools for Skolelinux in
Rheinland-Pfalz/Germany. Within these 3 years, the project goals,
prerequisites and participants have changed somewhat, many parts were
rewritten from scratch when we switched from etch to lenny, and some
plans had to be replaced by others.

Kurt Gramlich from Skolelinux-DE has already set up an overview page at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Zweibruecken2011, and the preliminary
conference program is now also available in an english translation at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Zweibruecken2011/Programm

As you can see in the schedule, on Day 2 (Friday), we give an overview
of the entire system for teachers and application managers of schools in
Rheinland-Pfalz, which will primarily be held in german language, but it
is also possible to conduct workshops in separate rooms during these
seminars. WLAN and LAN internet access is available to registered
participants.

Especially important to me personally, are the sessions on Saturday,
where we would like to discuss further cooperation and coordination of
development between Skolelinux-RLP and Skolelinux/international. Of
course we would like to keep our developments available to the community
beyond our projects official runtime, even if some of them may not be
possible to get integrated into DebianEdu directly, as was already
discussed on this list. It would be nice if some of the core people of
DebianEdu, not necessarily only developers, could find the time to
attend the meeting for some brainstorming about how we can keep the good
work up in both directions, local and international development.

We have existing-but-limited funding for supporting
flight&accommodation. Please register at the Wiki and let us know when
you will arrive, and if you need help with your travel.

With kind regards
-Klaus Knopper