Re: Testing changes to Debian Edu SVN

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 12:15:34AM +0100, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> I have a question about testing Debian Edu squeeze, esp. changes to
> Debian Edu SVN that concern the installation process of Debian Edu.
>
> Currently, if I want to test changes to Debian Edu, esp. the
> installation process, I have to download another daily built ISO
> (4.4G or 600M for the NETINST image) and re-install my system. This
> feels rather archaic... Is there a smarter way?
>
> Hints and ideas are very welcome,
> Mike

What I do is rsyncing the DVD image. This happens usually in an
acceptable time frame.

However, the installation of a Workstation (especially with LTSP)
takes another couple of hours. Sooner or later we should perhaps think
about ways to reduce that, absolutely.
(<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2010/12/msg00139.html>)

Perhaps providing a base version without any educational packages as
install option?

Another really good thing for testing: With the command:
	etckeeper vcs diff
You can figure out what you changed when modifying the system (but no
ldap entries etc. of course).

Cheers,

	Andi