Re: mounting folders on startup; using kde/startup?

On 3 January 2011 13:15, David Goldstrom <goldstrom@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi David,

I'm not sure where the volume is that you want to share. Try this
thread to see a failed attempt of mine to share a workstation drive.
If that's what you want, you might be more succesful than me.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2010/11/msg00000.html

Otherwise if its on tjener, why don't you creat a folder inside home0
and set its permissions accordingly (using groups "teachers" and
"students"). We use that here - a folder called faculty is rw to
teachers, but inaccessible to students. Another folder is rw to
everyone.

If its the link you're most concerned with, there is a script for
placing icons on everyone's desktop. See:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/DistributeFilesToUserDesktops

hope this helps

nigel