Re: squid and flash

Dear Nigel,

nice to read you!

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2011 schrieb Nigel Barker:
> Dear All,
>
> Is it possible that squid (lenny tjener) drops some flash content?
> I thought it might be our firewall, so I disabled it for testing and
> nothing changed.

Not that I knew of, but as I think of it, I could imagine two reasons:

1. If you use squid to filter inappropriate content by URLs, you should
check if blocked URLs contain indexed keywords (or just check what happens
if you enter them in any search engine).

2. Otherwise, you could check if any flash content uses other
protocols but http (port 80).

Watch squid logs in calm times (afternoons) while trying to access
those games (thanks for the URL).

PiggyPush is sokoban, right?

Regards
Ralf

PS: I assume, javascript is enabled. But maybe, "ads" is on the blacklist?