Re: Grub and bootslpash

Den 05. juli 2011 09:35, skrev Jean-Charles Skolelinux:

2011/7/5 Nigel Barker <tech@hiroshima-is.ac.jp>
On 5 July 2011 00:36, Jean-Charles Skolelinux
<jeancharles.skolelinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I disable the bootsplash on Tjener or on a workstation ?

Hi Jean-Charles,

/boot/grub/menu.lst
add "nosplash" to the end of the line that begins with "kernel". Its
down near the end of the file.
It may already say "splash", in which case change it.
Thank you for your answer Nigel, I will try this option as soon as possible.
I apologize to the users of this list, I posted the same message twice.

To set this permanently, edit "/etc/default/grub", replace splash with nosplash, so that it will be updated in new kernels as well.

Maybe we should add this to the wiki.

--
Marius