diskless workstation

Hello again,

today I changed our thin clients into diskless workstations by modifying
the pxelinux config. I ran into the following problem:

- At first boot /skole does not get mounted, therefore users cannot
start any desktop environment
- After reboot everything mostly works (on 1 out of 10 clients I had to
reboot again, then it worked). Is this behavior to be expected?
- On our 3 laptops (Acer Extensa 5635) users cannot logon, the systems
hangs after entering the password (xfce only shows waiting cursor, kde
splash screen displays only the harddisk icon), using the laptops as
thin clients works. Logon on a terminal works, home directory is mounted
correctly.

Do I have to register the clients somewhere? I changed /etc/exports to
allow mounts from 192.168.0.0/24 because I still haven't installed the
netgroups plugin.

Thanks
Volker