Re: workstation problem is a ldap problem?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: workstation problem is a ldap problem?
- From: "Andreas B. Mundt" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:05:06 +0100
- Message-id: <20110219200506.GA3289@flashgordon>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <1298136174.12475.17.camel@i965GMx-IF>
- References: <1298136174.12475.17.camel@i965GMx-IF>
a short update from my side:
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 06:22:54PM +0100, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> a new hint. dns seams to works also on a workstation now.
> ldapsearch -xZWD
> Works on tjener and on the diskless workstation but not on the extra
> installed workstation.
> ldapsearch -xZWD 'uid=super-admin,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no'
> ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
> Enter LDAP Password:
> ldap_result: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
> I also see some log messages that says "can not connect LDAP server".
Update on the latest fixes/problems (from debian-edu-changelog):
* Rename cf.ldap2bind to cf.bind. Add rule to switch off IPv6 for
bind to silence IPv6 lookup failure messages.
==> less error messages in the syslog from named
* Fix bug in debian-edu-ldapserver that inhibits the fallback to
'ldap' as ldap server. State the cause of failure precisely in the log.
==> this makes the "can not connect LDAP server" messages vanish and
many things start to work
* Add mail alias for bind pointing to root.
* Allow users of group 'bind' to write in /etc/bind/. Needed to
make ldap2bind chronjob work.
==> this should make cronjob ldap2bind work
* Add 'current_directory = /' to exim's rootmail transport
configuration to make mail services to root work again.
==> this should solve the exim-no-mail problem
These fixes will probably be uploaded tomorrow and should work as soon
as the DVD is rebuilt after that.
* After installation (workstation), I found one interface commented
out in /etc/network/interfaces by NetworkManager (I remember that I
have seen something like that before). After reactivation, (and with
aboves fix to find 'ldap'), almost anything seems to work on my
* Workstation log messages do not appear on tjener (works on diskless).
For me diskless workstations work, but there are warnings/errors when
booting and it's rather slow. So if someone could have a look into
that, it would be great.