Re: Is this package relevant for Debian-edu Squeeze?: slapd-smbk5pwd

Hi Jonas,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 09:33:12PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Just stumbled across the package slapd-smbk5pwd, which is also
> available in Debian Squeeze.
>
> Could those of you knowledgeable in Samba and Kerberos check it out?
>
> Seems potentially beneficial to use (and disable similar routines in
> high-level tools like GoSA and CipUX!) to have passwords in sync
> always, not only when using high-level admin tools.

Yes, the package is well-known. However, it is for Heimdal Kerberos
(which was missing other features when I compared Heimdal to MIT
Kerberos). Currently MIT Kerberos is used in debian-edu.

Veli-Matti Lintu prepared something comparable for MIT Kerberos
IIRC, but it is not (yet?) available in Debian.

Regards,

	Andi