Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 06:59:44PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Here is a short update on the LDAP admin status for Debian Edu based
> on Squeeze.  The short summary is that we have no working alternative
> for administrating the LDAP directory information, and basicly is in
> an unreleasable state.
[...]
[GOsa:]
> The code for setting the Kerberos password
> exposes the password to everyone looking at the output from ps at the
> right time, and Gosa can not log in users using Kerberos so we will
> have to have passwords both in LDAP and in Kerberos.

The first issue has been addressed and fixed upstream:
<URL:https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/ticket/1026 >

I am still hoping (hint, hint) for a GOsa 2.6.11-2 package which ports
the fix from upstream to the squeeze GOsa package. In addition, We
definitely need the user mass creation with gosa-plugin-ldapmanager.
This is fixed in 2.6.11-1, but currently only available in unstable.

Best Regards,

     Andi