Re: Wiki system with LDAP auth for Debian Edu/Lenny?

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:41:21AM +0200, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
in order to introduce and use a local Wiki system in school,
I am looking for a lean and easy configurable software with
LDAP connection.

In former times, I managed to bind moodle to our LDAP,
but this time, a simple wiki system is enough.

apt-cache search wiki ldap
points me to mediawiki (depends on php5).

MoinMoin supports LDAP backend too, and is not written in PHP (a plus for some, including me).

Some wikis, including my favorite - Ikiwiki - supports httpauth, which can be combined with an Apache backend module authenticating against LDAP. Benefit of that approach is that later you can switch to e.g. Kerberos without needing to switch wiki.

One thing is reinstalling your services when a new Skolelinux comes out, another is rewriting/converting all your documents!

 - Jonas