Re: ldap-user to plugdev

[Martin Schulte]
> Hello,
> i add a "normal" debian-lenny client to a skolelinux network (with
> ldap authentification). But i've the problem, that the ldapuser
> can't mount e. g. usbsticks. So i think, they don't belong to the
> group plugdev (a local user can mount a usbstick). So, how do i've
> to handle it, that a ldap-user belong to the local plugdev group?

This worked for me when I tested it a long time ago.  :/

There are two mechanisms in action here.  One is the pam_group setup
granting a console user several group memberships at login.  The other
is pam_foreground and libpam-ck-connector, used to tell udev to grant
access to the console user.

I'm not quite sure which of these grant access to USB mounts, but
believe it is the latter.

To debug, it is useful to check what 'id' return for a logged in user,
to verify that the user is listed in /var/run/console/ and that the
consolekit tools (do not remember their names) list the user as a
locally logged in user.

Happy hacking,