Re: Switch to dynamic LDAP configuration?

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 03:59:49PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 09:30:16PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

Since OpenLDAP 2.3, it has been possible to store the LDAP configuration (as in schemas, ACLs etc) in the LDAP database itself, allowing it be changed without restarting the LDAP database.

The setup is documented in

Should we switch to this kind of setup in Debian Edu too?

Debian slapd package apparently use above configuration style since 2.4.23-3.

I recommend to generally only use configuration styles actively supported by Debian packaging (no matter if other styles are supported upstream).

In this case I therefore agree (and suspect there no real choice) that Debian-Edu/Skolelinux should switch to use the new configuration style for Squeeze.

 - Jonas