Re: Is LWAT completely broken in Squeeze?

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 09:27:27PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
Lwat seem to be dead upstream,
[...]
Neiter [GOsa nor CipUX] seem to have the simplicity of LWAT, but perhaps they can be adjusted to provide a simple GUI for the non-skilled admin, and a more complex GUI for the skilled admin?

I still fancy your idea, Petter, of a slimmed down GUI compared to full-blown GOsa/CAT-Web/CATWeasel.

Seems from the feedback, however, that Skolelinux wants/needs a tool like CATWeasel (I don't know if that is on par with GOsa or not), so an additional CipUX-based tool apparently is superfluous for Skolelinux.

I will probably develop such a tool anyway, as I still find it a good idea for my own systems (thanks, Petter!), but shall not waste more of your time here on the Skolelinux list about it. :-)

If any of you find interest in such a slimmed-down non-web UI, feel free to contact me privately.

...or post to this thread if you feel my judgement is maybe wrong and it could still be relevant also for Skolelinux use.

 - Jonas