new skolelinux mirror: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de

Dear Skolelinux team,

I'm one of the administrators of ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, which
started as a low-budget mirror for opensource projects and also was a
mirror for Skolelinux some time ago (it is still referenced from
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/Mirror).

We recently got new and more professional hardware with a lot of
processing power, disk space and network connectivity and gladly provide
mirror services for the Skolelinux project again. As far as I can see,
the -dist and -cd projects are interesting. If you feel the need, we can
add more projects (disk space is no issue at the moment).

The Skolelinux projects are visible as subdirectories in
{http/ftp/rsync}://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/skolelinux/.

Our server currently is connected with 2 GBit/sec, which will be
extended to 10 GBit/sec soon. For more information please visit
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/

We use rsync to synchronize with rsync.skolelinux.org every six hours.
As a sidenote, the file
/cd-archive/etch/debian-edu-etch-amd64-netinst-3.0r1.iso has wrong
file access permissions.

Best regards,
--
Carsten Otto           otto@informatik.rwth-aachen.de