Re: mail system in debian-edu: dovecot

Hi all,

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:45:06PM +0200, Jürgen Leibner wrote:
> On Monday 24 May 2010 16:27 Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
[...]
> As I noticed that dovecot is a favorite of a lot of people here, I would
> say that is my favorite too. ;-)
>
> I use it as an IMAP Backend for my family server in combination with
> exim, fetchmail, procmail and spamassassin since years.
> As user frontend my family members prefer roundcube as a web frontend
> which suits very well.
> Me uses mutt and kmail as a frontend to dovecot in combination with
> offlineimap.

we have now only positive votes for dovecot iirc. I tested a bit more
today and it looks as things work as they should, gssapi
authentication (closing 1013 btw) and mail directories in
/var/mail/$USERID on postoffice.intern.

Is anybody volunteering to implement the configuration in
debian-edu-config and keen on modifying the  debian-edu package to
install dovecot instead of courier on tjener?

Or anybody shouting "stop" for some reason?

Best regards,

     Andi