Re: central logging

Am 09.04.2010 10:24, schrieb Martin Schulte:
Hello,

is there a way to find out, which person logged in on which machine? I'm using Linux and windows as clients. Can the clients-(auth)-Log-files be stored on tjener? The auth.log on tjener doesn't store informations about the IP-address or the hostname, only something like this
----
Apr 9 09:32:33 tjener smbd[4932]: pam_unix(samba:session): session opened for user ...
----

Regards, Martin

Now i found a way, how store store information about log-ins on tjener. I'm using syslog-ng. I wrote a little Howto in the wiki, you can find it here:

english: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/syslog-ng
german: http://wiki.skolelinux.de/syslog-ng

Regards, Martin