Re: [GOsa] gosa and debian-edu/skolelinux

Le Tuesday 11 May 2010 13:45:44 Andreas B. Mundt, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Benoit, hi all,

Hello,

> On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 11:22:22AM +0200, Benoit Mortier wrote:
> > Le Friday 07 May 2010 22:13:18 Cajus Pollmeier, vous avez écrit :
> > > Am 07.05.10 16:30, schrieb Andreas B. Mundt:
>
> [...]
>
> > > In combination with gosa-si, you can plan shutdown, wakeup,
> > > reinstall, etc. tasks for your workstations and group of
> > > workstations.
>
> I have seen gosa-si is not yet in debian, but there are activities to
> change that: http://bugs.debian.org/534303
>
> Is there news concerning that issue?

Yes i'am the one finishing the package in Debian 3.0 format, with all the
latest change and triggers ;-)

Will be ready for end of the week, or maybe sooner ... depending on my
head and 3.0 version packaging ;-)

> > we were discussing those day on irc to create an autofs plugin to use
> > the classical autofs.schema as there seem to be a demand for it.
>
> ok
> [...]
>
> > yes the biggest issue today is the documentation, there is an effort
> > currently going around it.
>
> ok
> [...]
>
> > i already arranged a meeting for the fusioninventory project at
> > linuxtag http://fusioninventory.org/wordpress/
> > and i put a doodle here, so you can register and we can have a big
> > meeting around GOsa² at linuxtag ;-) and i can show you we we do with
> > it ..
> >
> > http://doodle.com/yd4ek8g8d9mrg8y7
>
> Great, probably I will unfortunately not be at linuxtag, but I've seen
> Holger might be there!

yes holger registered

> Benoit, to test gosa some more, we need the package(s) in the debian
> repository. I committed most (some polishing might be needed) that is
> needed to use gosa in debian-edu-squeeze to debian-edu-config. As soon
> as the gosa package is available in testing people can start to have a
> closer look and test, criticize and flame or celebrate and give their
> ok to keep going on in that direction.

Great will hurry to finish it.

> Can you give an estimate how long this may take? (We could start with
> something in experimental too if that helps. Perhaps it makes sense to
> have even non-perfect packages in the repositories anyway, to test
> some more and fix remaining bugs in the meantime).

I promise i will be finished and ready to upload no later than friday

> So far many thanks for all valuable input and work from many sides!

Sure same to you

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier