Re: [GOsa] last(?) missing bit to use gosa in debian-edu out of the box

Hi,

On Montag, 10. Mai 2010, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> > after having thought a bit more about the password issue, I think
> > we perhaps should add one more question during
> > installation/configuration of the main server: Enter the LDAP
> > password.

I think thats a bad idea, as we already ask for the root password.

We didnt want a(nother) password ldap-admin with lwat, so I dont see why we
want it with gosa.

> > What do you think? Any better ideas?
> next idea: how about creating this (gosa-) password randomly and use
> the "old" root pw in addition for command line tools?

so the gosa password would be for an account with the same right as ldap
admin, but with another name? (So that password can be random..)

cheers,
	Holger