Re: CipUX as LDAP frontend

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:02:35AM +0200, Philipp Huebner wrote:

[lots of relevant criticism snipped]

We reported all kinds of problems, but the developer either sold it to us as "it's not a bug, it's a feature" or as "you can write a simple (shell) script around cipux to fix that yourself".

Critical questions were mostly ignored.

Did you report bugs to some public bugtracker, to the CipUX mailinglist or where? I mean, where could I catch up on those reports if I wanted to?

There's a new frontend being developed for CipUX, but I doubt it can fix the flaws the ground design of CipUX has got.

Agreed: most (but not all) of the points raised here are not bound to the frontend.

And now, please don't make me discuss this topic further, CipUX is not worth anymore of my time.

I won't discuss it. I simply want you to provide enough details and references for it to not be whining and hollow accusations but actually be potentially useful to improve the situation (for CipUX itself - Skolelinux off course has the alternative of just run away screaming).

 - Jonas