Re: Multimedia part on Squeeze

On 23 April 2010 14:19, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> [Nigel Barker]
>> Kids have been enjoying lmms since Ralf recommended it to me a few
>> weeks ago. We have used it with ages 9 - 16. If not included,
>> perhaps it could be listed somewhere on the wiki (I'll have a look
>> where later)
>
> I added it to the music task.  If anyone are against installing it by
> defaul, please protest.  Does it need any configuration to work
> properly out of the box?

It works fine, but has no menu entry. It does appear in the Debian
menu however. Sometimes the sound card is set to dummy, and has to be
changed to alsa in the settings (or first time wizard)
I think it brings in wine as a dependency. I don't know if that's a
good or bad thing, I just thought it was unusual.

cheers
nigel