Re: Bits from the Release Team: What should go into squeeze?

[Holger Levsen]
> the release team asked developers the following question, below is
> my intended answer for Debian Edu. Anything missing?

Oh, yeah.  You are only touching the top of the iceberg.  I do not
really have time to put down all the stuff we need to fix before we
proudly can present a Squeeze based Debian Edu, but here are a few
more:

 - KDE pull in mysql, which fail to start on diskless workstations.
 - kmix do not work on thin clients.
 - firefox do not have our start page
 - gnash 0.8.7 in squeeze do not work with all the pages that worked
   with gnash 0.8.7 in lenny.
 - USB sticks do not seem to work with LTSP thin clients.
 - And heaps more I do not have time to put down now. :)
 - Improve KDE menu to make it easier to find stuff.
 - We should review the KDE packages installed in kubuntu to see which
   we should install too.  Noticed they included remote access tools
   out of the box, and we should too.  Do not know what the packages
   are called. :)

We need more time testing and finding bugs before we can give the
release managers a good list of stuff we need to fix before Debian Edu
is close to ready.  I believe it is vital to express this clearly to
the release managers, to make sure they do not underestimate how much
work is left for us.

Happy hacking,