Re: rosegarden

[Herman Robak]
> Oh, and qsynth needs a soundfont.  It won't be installed
> automatically.  I suggest fluid-soundfont-gm.

In Debian Edu/Lenny, it is installed automatically.

> (Raffaella was right, it wouldn't fly)

Well, for those willing to read the instructions Alf-Tonny wrote, I
believe it will.  But it would definitely be good if someone made this
work out of the box by just starting rosegarden, instead of having to
start qjackctl, qsynth and rosegarden in that order and not having to
select the sound font manually to get any sound.

> Install qsynth and fluid-soundfont-gm, start qsynth after qjackctl,
> in qsynth load the sound font file
> /usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2, start Rosegarden.  That should
> work.

Yeah.

Perhaps someone can convince the qsynth authors to select the first
and only available sound font automatically when started for the first
time, if there is ony one?  It would make the whole experience
slightly better. :)

Happy hacking,