lenny release timeline canceled by constant changes

Hi,

I think I give up. It seems we have different ideas how to create a stable
release and when this should be ready, so I stop wasting my time now.

<debalance>     pere: what do I need to deploy the updated sitesummary?
<h01ger>        svn src & debuild. though i'd be happier if we'd work on the
documentation. but... it seems i'm fighting windmills
<debalance>     h01ger: i'm waiting for my combi server to finish installing
h01ger wonders what is so difficult with the principle of a freeze
<h01ger>        debalance, wonderful opportunity to fix the documentation
h01ger stops working on debian-edu for some time
/leave #debian-edu (i've heard 2.6.33 is awesome and supports the latest
hardware)

If you think my approach is right, please stop the madness, we can prepare
changes for after the release in a branch and just trunk as before to get
lenny out. (and there is still work to do: documentation has lots of FIXMEs
I'd love to work on instead of doing this stupid discussion and reviewing p4
bug-fixes constantly, as each has the risk to indroduce breakage.)
and then (after lenny is out) I'd be happy to work on a pointrelease, to fix
stuff which needs fixing, but as said, first the release, then the
pointrelease.

If not, well, I have enough things to do. Squeeze will be frozen soon and I
have to do things there to. I'm sad about this, but IMO we cannot release if
we never freeze. As it useless to fight windmills, I'd rather leave and you
can implement new features as long as you want and then release lenny
eventually, probably in summer or such. But be aware that when you have
2.6.33 supporting newer hardware, there will be even newer hardware needing
2.6.34.

have fun,
	Holger, quite sad about this