Re: diskless question

[Nigel Barker]
> Then I went to youtube and it played with sound. Fantastic I thought,
> but perhaps thin clients have improved to that point by now also?

Yes, thin clients have sound for applications using the sound systems
ESD, ALSA or PulseAudio now (and selected applications using OSS).

Which Youtube video did you test?

> How do I tell if my client is thin or diskless?

If LDM is asking for username and password, you booted as a thin
client.  To switch to boot as a diskless workstation, specify runlevel
3 on the kernel boot line sent to the client.

Happy hacking,