Re: Test autogenerated Nagios configuration from sitesummary collected info

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> At the moment, the sitesummary generated configuration is checking
> slightly less than the Nagios configuration included in
> debian-edu-config.  The version in svn check slightly more, but I
> hoped to have the NRPE stuff working before uploading that version.
> Patches welcome, of course. :)

New version 0.0.54 was just uploaded, and this version is capable of
doing remote checks using NRPE.  It require some configuration on all
clients, but will do the bare minimum of checks even without NRPE
configuration (ping and network services).

Please test it and let me know how it works for you.  We are
considering it for the Lenny version of Debian Edu, but would like it
to receieve more testing first. :)

The current configuration do not use host and service groups.  Should
it?  Are there more tests that should be included in the automatic
setup?

To enable it on a server, do like this:

  aptitude install nagios3 nagios-plugins-standard
  echo 'NAGIOSCFG="/etc/nagios3/sitesummary.cfg"' >> /etc/default/nagios3
  sitesummary-client
  /etc/cron.daily/sitesummary
  /etc/init.d/nagios3 restart

Happy hacking,