Re: Some Problems with Lenny

Martin Schulte skrev:
> 2.) I installed the mainserver and a workstation on 'Terra Mobile 2103
> (Model M66SE)' laptops. While booting I get the alert:
>       Failed to read splash image ((hd0,0)//grub/splash.xpm.gz)
>       Press any key to continue...
>    This problem does not occure, using etch.
>    While booting, the screen get's red-white stripped for some seconds.

I assume that you don't have a dedicated /boot partition. This shouldn't
happen with automatic partitioning.
To make it go away, you can change the splashimage path in
/boot/grub/menu.lst to (hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz. Simply removing
the splashimage line is not enough, as update-grub will re-add it.

John.