Re: Some Problems with Lenny

Hi Martin,

On Sonntag, 10. Januar 2010, Martin Schulte wrote:
> 1.) Using LWAT: I can't change 'manual' the password of a user. When I
> search user, click on it and press the button 'New Password', an
> textfield appears, propose me a new password. But I can't change the
> password, because editing is disabled (grey coloured, like the field
> 'username'). But this was possible using etch. Is this a bug or a feature?

that's a (IMO questionable) feature. what version of lwat do you have
installed?

> 2.) I installed the mainserver and a workstation on 'Terra Mobile 2103
> (Model M66SE)' laptops. While booting I get the alert:
>        Failed to read splash image ((hd0,0)//grub/splash.xpm.gz)
>        Press any key to continue...
>     This problem does not occure, using etch.
>     While booting, the screen get's red-white stripped for some seconds.

does "apt-get remove usplash" help?

> 3. On this laptop, using KDE, I have to adjust the screen-size and the
> resolution manual. By default it's to big and the resolution is to low.
> E.g. I can't         see the KDE-Taskbar. I think, there is also an
> problem with rendering. Is there a possibility (software, or something)
> to include graphic-drivers automatically?

what's the output of "lspci -nn"? (but i think we cannot do much. You should
install Debian squeeze and test if the problem is still there, and if it is,
file a bug in the Debian BTS.)

cheers,
	Holger