change everyone's iceweasel prefs

Dear All,

Of course there is a perpetual struggle with Hotmail and Iceweasel,
but now Google spreadsheets is also refusing to play.
While the ideal is to get these people to stop restricting access to
only the browsers they know, I have to take a more pragmatic approach.
So I would like to change everyone's user agent string

general.useragent.extra.firefox

to be Firefox/3.0.6 instead of Iceweasel/3.0.6

I have discovered that the file prefs.js in the firefox profile folder
will do the trick. So I thought I could copy mine to everyone.

I have two questions:

1. Is it OK to copy that file to everyone, or will it break something
for them? I tested it on a user and got an empty add-ons pop-up on
re-launch, but nothing else seemed amiss.
2. Can someone hack the script (below) for me so that it will put the
file inside the firefox profile folder?

thanks!

nigel

#!/bin/sh
#Saved as e.g. spread-desktop
#used as follows ./spread-desktop path-to-target.desktop
#remember to make the script executeable with chmod 755 spread-desktop
#If the users are stored somewhere other than home0, then you must
#change the variable HOMEDIRS below accordingly.
#If your home directories are in different directories on
#/skole/tjener/home0, e.g. /skole/tjener/home0/2004-A,
#then you need to add them all to HOMEDIRS using the spacebar to separate them.
#For example HOMEDIRS="/skole/tjener/home0/2004-B /skole/tjener/home0/2004-A"
#
HOMEDIRS="/skole/tjener/home0"
#
# If there is a "Desktop"-directory, then we copy into it.
copykde () {
        if [ -d $U/Desktop ]
        then
                cp -a "$FILE" $U/Desktop
                DEST="`basename \"$FILE\"`"
                chown --reference=$U/ $U/Desktop/"$DEST"
        fi
	    }
while [ $# -gt 0 ]
	do