Re: share a mount point

Thanks for the reply Petter

On 1 November 2010 15:40, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> I would suggest changing the mount point to
> /skole/static00/localdrive/ (or replace "localdrive" with a better

On tjener, I created /skole/printer18/yearbook    (ok I admit I am
using printer names for workstations!)

On printer18 I modified fstab to make the mountpoint /skole/printer18/yearbook
printer18:~# mount -a
mount: mount point /skole/printer18/yearbook does not exist

So I tried:

> name), list it in /etc/exports as a exported NFS area (run exportfs -a
> for it to take effect), and then update the automount rules in LDAP to
> list this mount point.

 In /etc/exports on tjener, I copied the /skole/tjener/home0 line and
changed it to /skole/printer18/yearbook

lwat is showing the automount point as:
skolelinux:/n/skolelinux/skole/Automount/skole/printer18/yearbook

but on the network only tjener appears in /skole and mount is still
failing on printer18

I admit that I'm not good at this stuff, and sorry for taking your time.

nigel