Re: ldap/gosa postcreation and kerberos password synchronization

On 23. aug. 2010 21:00, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
>> what if the gosa web server is not the homedirectory server, and maybe
>> even not the ldap-server ?
>> What about other users that create php-scripts that also calls the gosa
>> sudo-tools for debian, changing passowrds for the teachers and admins on
>> their own ?
>>
> There have been many changes and improvements since I wrote the mail
> cited above. Please provide comments/patches related to the current
> scripts in use:
>
> <URL:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu-config/tools/gosa-create>
> <URL:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu-config/tools/gosa-remove>
> <URL:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu-config/tools/gosa-sync>

My comments was in fact to those scripts, and the version in
debian-edu-config 1.443~svn68602, from the install I made this weekend.

The users created with gosa in my test-install, was created, but they i
was not able to log in with their password. I had to run kadmin.local
manually to create htem as principals, and set their passwords.

I'll focus now on a working user admin by patching debian-edu-config to
make lwat work with the changes in schema's and adding kerberos support
to lwat. Then I might look at what needs to be improved in gosa.