Re: password synchronization

ke, 2010-05-12 kello 16:22 +0200, Andreas B. Mundt kirjoitti:

> On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 04:41:41PM +0300, Veli-Matti Lintu wrote:
> > ma, 2010-05-03 kello 21:47 +0200, Andreas B. Mundt kirjoitti:
> >
> > > The critical point in using kerberos is the synchronization
> > > i.e. integration of all passwords: posix, samba and kerberos.
> [...]
> > We've been figuring out for a while what to do with this syncing problem
> > and we just finished smbkrb5pwd for MIT kerberos. Its implementation

> Many thanks for these links. I am currently investigating pros and
> cons of the various methods used to achive synchronized passwords.
> Do you know of any activities to get this package into mainline
> Ubuntu/Debian?

We haven't looked into getting it in mainline or in OpenLDAP yet as we
are still testing it. There have been some issues in multi-realm
kdc/kadmin setups, but those should be fixed now in the Launchpad
version. We should get out tools to setup ldap+kerberos and manage users
with the overlay really soon now. I hope to be able to think about
packaging after that.

Do you see any problems with the approach used in smbkrb5pwd?

Veli-Matti